- Science and the Story That We Need
First Things 69 (January 1997): 29-32.
- Profile of Philo Farnsworth
electrical engineer and inventor of the television. Time Magazine
- Of Luddites, Learning & Life TECHNOS Quarterly Winter 1993 Vol. 2 No. 4.
- Deus Machina
TECHNOS Quarterly Winter 1992 Vol. 1 No. 4/Spring 2001 Vol. 10 No. 1.
- The Humanism of Media Ecology Keynote Address Delivered at the Inaugural Media Ecology Association Convention. Fordham University, New York, New York. June 16–17, 2000.
- The American Experiment
Teacher Magazine / Education Week September 6, 1995.
- The Error of Our Ways
Teacher Magazine. August 1, 1995.
- Informing Ourselves To Death given at a meeting of the German Informatics Society (Gesellschaft fuer Informatik) in Stuttgart, sponsored by IBM-Germany October 11, 1990.
- The Educationist as Painkiller Originally published in English Education (1988), 7-17. It was also published in Conscientious Objections (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1988), 82-96. [Via NeilPostman.org]
- Commentary: Learning in the Age of Television
Teacher Magazine / Education Week December 4, 1985.
- "My Graduation Speech"
From Neil: "If you think my graduation speech is good, I hereby grant you permission to use it, without further approval from or credit to me, should you be in an appropriate situation."
Articles in ETC